Friday 17 June 2011

Masturbathor

The Friday treat

I misspelled that then and wrote 'The Friday threat'.  With this band that's not too far from the truth:



They're a very nice band.  I saw them last Friday on the third stage at Sonisphere and I have to say, apart from Kult, this band is the greatest band in Polish history.

What a lot of people who are not heavy metal fans doesn't know is that heavy metal fans are very much capable of taking the piss out of ourselves.  I didn't really understand what it was that they were saying between songs, but it was probably bad news for children.  In any case, their death metal vocals and songs about Satan and things like their singer apparently dying his tongue blood red brought a smile to my face.


Not only myself.  Many passers-by entering the festival area stopped to watch them and many in an exaggerated way gave them the 'Heavy Metal Salute', something I shall now rename as the

Ronnie James Dio Salute


While eating a waffle with strawberry jam I could not help smile at the reaction of heavy metal fans to this band.  It makes one thank God (yes indeed) for heavy metal.

Sometimes you just have to watch a band like Masturbathor, give it the Ronnie James Dio salute and go WOOOOAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!

Do it, it'll make you feel good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment