Thursday 13 January 2011

English language

Conversation classes

I speak English really well.  Well, I would, it's my first language.  I'm from Wales, and while Welsh is also spoken there, I learned English as a first language.  That means I am a REAL native speaker.

I lived in Germany.  My German wasn't that good when I arrived, and I had to work and live in German.  It wasn't easy.  I was in work meetings where people were speaking German very quickly and didn't have the time to deal with my questions, or give my patience when I was making mistakes.

I now live in Poland, where something similar happens, especially when I am buying something in a shop.

What I find, and what my clients find is that it is in one-to-one or small group conversations where people can really develop their language abilities.  There is no place to hide; one must talk, and the other must listen.  Furthermore, we have time to ask the other person to repeat or rephrase what they meant.  The last thing: practice, practice, practice.

I meet in various cafes in Wrocław, and charge 30 złoty per hour for individuals, or 20 złoty each per hour for pairs.

While I put an emphasis on enabling the clients to be pro-active in regards to our conversation topics, the following topics can also feature:

Level 1

Getting to know each other
Goals in life
Interests and hobbies
Languages
Setting goals for learning languages
Weather
Bank holidays
Films
Music
TV
Style
At home
Food and drink
Sport
Art
Holidays
Earnings and spending
Celebrations and life events

Level 2

Time management*
Poland
Ecomony
Education
Politics
Work
Media
Internet
Learning methods*
Politeness
Telling stories
Body language and gestures
Science

Level 3

History*
Stereotypes*
Families
Social structures
Hopes and dreams
Personality*
Attitudes and beliefs
Religion
Relationships
World problems
Power in society*
Cultural competences*
Sophistication
Biographies
Crime and punishment
Identity*

Little things to really improve your English

Monophthongs
Interuption
Intonation
Diphthongs
Consonants
Agreeing and disagreeing
Word stress
Suggestive and advising
Voice and voiceless
Arguments
Elision
Counter-arguments
Giving talks
Then and now
Pronounciation
Juncture

* will take the form of mini-workshops and therefore the price for the hour will be 10 złoty higher, i.e. 40 złoty

Proof-reading

If you have reports or assignments in English to write, I can read through it and check for mistakes, correct them and then tell you what mistakes you have made.  I charge 5-10 złoty per page (depending on how much corrections I have to do).

In both cases, for my information contact me via Email at wroclawworkshops@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment